Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Coffee table makeover

OK, so I haven't blogged in a week or two. My computer went down for about a week, so I had to get hubby Chad to fix it. Boo for computer issues, but alas, I'm back up and running.

So a about a week ago, I went to the local Habitat for Humanity Store and found this coffee table:
It was all kinds of nasty. It had teeth marks on the sides where a dog had chewed on it, and the bottom panel was so dirty. 
I suppose I was the only one who saw potential in it, because it was marked down to half off, which made it $10.00. 
Once I got it home, I wiped it down, and took out the bottom panel. I then sanded the chewed up edges with a little sandpaper hand block. Once I had sanded, I wiped the piece down again.
  I kept the bottom panel and took it to Lowe's where I had a new piece to fit the bottom. Easy Peasy. (We had to go to Lowe's three times to get it cut. The third time I just took the whole table in a buggy and told them to make it fit. Third time worked like a charm :))
Once I got home from Lowe's, I then screwed the bottom panel in, and then primed the table.
After I let the primer dry for a day, I painted the coffee table with Valspar Semi-Gloss Paint. The color is Montpelier Ashlar Gray (6004-1C).
I am very pleased with how it turned out!

I think the color of the table tones down the red couches.


I also like how the glass is a tinted grey. I think it gives it a different look versus "regular" glass.


Skipper decided to take an afternoon nap, so he totally photobombed my picture!
We had our home-warming party yesterday.  We had a great party, and all our friends and family came out. I can't wait to throw more parties in my new home!
xoxo
Jill




No comments:

Post a Comment